Bookseller Position Available
We are looking for part-time booksellers to join our bookselling team! Be a part of our fun and fast-paced work place, meet some of the country’s best authors, and use your knowledge and passion for books and reading to provide excellent customer service in Nashville’s independent bookstore for independent people. We value a diverse workplace and encourage people of color and those from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
All booksellers work in all areas of the store, including the children’s sections; preference will be given to applicants familiar and knowledgeable about the full range of books for young readers, from board books to YA. This is a customer-facing position, and most time will be spent on the sales floor. The position requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, maneuvering around the store, repetitive bending, lifting, and climbing of ladders. Previous retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Providing in-store and over the phone customer assistance (locating books in the store, placing special orders, making recommendations based on customer preferences, ringing up transactions)
- Shelving new books and maintaining a warm and welcoming store environment — some light daily cleaning tasks
- Assisting with a bustling calendar of author events, including events in the store and at offsite venues
- Staying informed about new titles and trends in the book industry and submitting monthly staff recommendations
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand the importance of providing excellent customer service
- Have excellent listening and communication skills, comfortable interacting with customers of all ages and experiences
- Be self-motivated and proactive in identifying and undertaking tasks that need attention even in the absence of customers who need help
- Work well in and actively contribute to a small, tight-knit team-oriented workplace
Shifts will include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Interested candidates should submit resumes (no cover letters required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.