We are currently accepting applications for a part-time bookseller.
Parnassus is an independent bookstore for independent people. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented readers who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
As a bookseller, you will sell all our products and deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our core service principles. You will enrich the customer's experience by sharing your knowledge and making the store experience interactive and engaging. Knowledge of children's books is preferred, but not required.
A well-quaified bookseller will:
- Enjoy working with people
- Sell books and share your knowledge of books with customers
- Ask questions to identify customer needs, providing recommendations using your product knowledge to connect the customer with the right book
- Have basic skills in using a computer and cash register
- Have availability on mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Answer the phone and provide necessary information to customers
- Be able to work on the selling floor, which entails physical activity — including maneuvering around the store, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting
- Relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers
- Be comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, and with learning new systems and processes
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to Andy Brennan: email@example.com. Absolutely no phone inquiries.
Please note: If you have previously applied for a position with us, please re-submit your application.