We are currently accepting applications for a part-time children's bookseller.
Parnassus is an independent bookstore for independent people. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented readers who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive.
As a bookseller, you will sell all our products and deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our core service principles. You will enrich the customer's experience by sharing your knowledge and making the store experience interactive and engaging.
A well-quaified bookseller will:
- Enjoy working with people
- Sell books and share your knowledge of children's books with customers
- Ask questions to identify customer needs, providing recommendations using your product knowledge to connect the customer with the right book
- Have basic skills in using a computer and cash register
- Have availability on mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Answer the phone and provide necessary information to customers
- Be able to work on the selling floor, which entails physical activity — including maneuvering around the store, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting
- Relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers
- Be comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, and with learning new systems and processes
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to Andy Brennan: firstname.lastname@example.org. Absolutely no phone inquiries.
Please note: If you have previously applied for a position with us, please re-submit your application.