THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Parnassus Books welcomes Alex Snodgrass, author of The Defined Dish. The talk will be moderated by Amanda Frederickson.
The Defined Dish publishes on December 31, and Parnassus will host Alex Snodgrass for an event on January 29 at 6:30pm. Here are some important details about the event:
- By purchasing your book from us, you will automatically be assigned a ticket for the signing line, which you will receive when you pick up your book.
- Each signing line ticket admits ONE person to the signing line.
- Signing line tickets are grouped by letter, and will be assigned in the order in which we received each order. Due to the high volume of orders we experience at the holidays, it is not possible for us to tell you what group you are in before you pick up your book.
- You may wait until the event date to pick up your book, if you prefer; however, books will be available for pick up beginning on 12/31.
- You are responsible for maintaining possession of your signing line ticket once you pick up your book.
- Please note: this ticket is for the signing line only.
- Seating at the event will be limited, so we recommend arriving early.
- After the author speaks, guests will be called to the signing line by the group indicated on their signing line ticket.
- If you purchase a ticket to the event and then are unable to attend, you may make arrangements to pick up the book or have the book shipped to you for an additional shipping fee. No books can be claimed more than a month after the event has occurred.
Alex Snodgrass revolutionized her relationship with food after completing her first Whole30 in 2015. She found the program while in the throes of postpartum anxiety after the birth of her second daughter. During this first Whole30, she experienced incredible cognitive benefits and was better able to manage her anxiety. Alex’s transformation prompted her to start making easy swaps and using compliant ingredients to create delicious, wholesome meals every day for her and her family. She began sharing her creations on her blog, The Defined Dish, and couldn’t believe how many people loved them.
Today, her devoted following of 300K people on Instagram depend on her healthy, most often Whole30 and Paleo-compliant recipes that pack big, bold flavors. Fans are drawn by Alex’s charisma and transparency, behind-the-scenes family life, and fun approach to cooking. Now, she’s publishing her first cookbook, the third in the Whole30 endorsed series: The Defined Dish: Healthy and Wholesome Weeknight Recipes. With Alex’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free recipes that sound and look way too delicious to be healthy, this is an essential cookbook people can turn to after completing a Whole30
About the book:
Alex Snodgrass of TheDefinedDish.com is the third author in the popular Whole30 Endorsed series. With gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free recipes that sound and look way too delicious to be healthy, this is a cookbook people can turn to after completing a Whole30, when they’re looking to reintroduce healthful ingredients like tortillas, yogurt, beans, and legumes. Recipes like Chipotle Chicken Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa or Black Pepper Chicken are easy enough to prepare even after a busy day at work. There are no esoteric ingredients in these recipes, but instead something to suit every taste, each dish clearly marked if it is Whole30 compliant, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and more. Alex includes delicious variations, too, such as using lettuce wraps instead of taco shells, to ensure recipes can work for almost any diet. And for anyone looking to stick to their Whole30 for longer, at least sixty of the recipes are fully compliant.
About the author:
Alex Snodgrass is the recipe developer and food stylist behind the popular blog and social media outlet The Defined Dish, which won Saveur magazine’s 2018 Reader’s Choice Blog Award in the category of "Most Inspired Weeknight Meals." She lives in Dallas, TX with her husband and two young daughters.