Join Parnassus Books — An Independent Bookstore for Independent People — at an all-day celebration of books and our community of readers!
Independent Bookstore Day is a one-day national party that takes place at indie bookstores across the country on the last Saturday in April.
In-Store that day we'll have:
- Singalong storytime with Emily Arrow
- DJs from WXNA spinning records live
- Prize drawing (drop your name in the bowl any time)
- Free audio books from Libro.fm, the audio book seller that supports indie bookstores!
- Special giveaways
And of course, get here for exclusive books and literary items available only on Independent Bookstore Day:
- Charles Bukowski Uncensored (vinyl record)
- Miriam Toews, Women Talking special IBD-only cover, signed edition.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche "We Should All Be Feminists" canvas pouch
- Chuck Palahniuk, Adjustment Day signed paperback
- "Fight Evil Read Books" enamel pin
- Susan Sontag quote ("Courage Is as Contagious as Fear") laser-cut graffiti stencil
- Patricia Marx/Roz Chast signed edition
- What to Eat With What You Read: A Guide for Book Clubs and Other Literary Gatherings
- Literary Luminary laser-cut wooden pins (Margaret Atwood, James Baldwin, Neil Gaiman, Toni Morrison)
- Literary tea towels (Louisa May Alcott, Gertrude Stein)
- Man-Eaters signed edition
- Aida Twist and the Perilous Pants signed edition
- Maggie Stiefvater signed print
- Exclusive Angie Thomas On the Come Up journal with bound-in author letter
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon signed edition, with stickers
- Wings of Fire (two previously unpublished stories)
- Elmo's New Puppy Little Golden Book
* * *
Consumers control the marketplace by deciding where to spend their money. If what a bookstore offers matters to you, then shop at a bookstore. If you feel that the experience of reading a book is valuable, then read the book. This is how we change the world: we grab hold of it. We change ourselves. ―Ann Patchett, bestselling author and co-owner of Parnassus Books