Notes on Complexity: A Scientific Theory of Connection, Consciousness, and Being (Hardcover)
**Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability above the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243**
- FOR READERS OF... Carlo Rovelli, Yuval Noah Harari, Suzanne Simard, James Gleick, Sean Carroll, Alan Lightman, Brian Greene, Lisa Randall, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle, and Richard Feynman. Other comps include: The Hidden Life of Trees, Finding the Mother Tree, Sapiens, The Gene, Underland, Braiding Sweetgrass, Being Mortal, and The Soul of an Octopus.
- FIRST OF ITS KIND: This is the first trade book to introduce complexity theory, one of the pillars of modern science (along with relativity and quantum mechanics), to a general audience.
- ACCESSIBLE, LIVELY, AND CLEAR: Everything you want a science book to be-eye-opening, brilliant, informative, awe-inspiring, and fun.
- WHERE SCIENCE AND SPIRITUALITY MEET: Complexity theory addresses the mysteries that animate science, philosophy, and metaphysics: how this teeming array of existence, from the infinitesimal to the infinite, is in fact a seamless living whole and what our place, as conscious beings, is within it. It is for the science reader and the meditator alike.
- ILLUMINATES THE INTERCONNECTEDNESS OF ALL THINGS: Theise draws connections between ant colonies and economic bubbles, cancer and traffic patterns, murmurations of starlings and crowds walking down the street. Complexity theory reframes our perspective, from the metaphysical to the everyday.
- THEISE DISCUSSES COMPLEXITY THEORY IN THIS FASCINATING VIDEO: https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGuSZz-Fzw&t=997s