Little Kid, Big City!: New York (Hardcover)
**Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability above the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243**
May/June 2021 Kids Indie Next List
“Until I can go to London in real life, I'll enjoy choosing my own adventure wtih this kiddo and family. It has fun facts about places and culture, plus super-cute illustrations. Now I want a book like this for every city I miss.”
— Tegan Tigani, Queen Anne Book Company, Seattle, WA
Would you walk the Brooklyn Bridge for a huge slice of pizza, see the dazzling lights in Times Square, or visit the whale at the Museum of Natural History?
Create your own itinerary, choose which places to visit at the end of every page, and follow along with an adventurous family as they explore New York.
• Visit iconic sites like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and the legendary Broadway theater district.
• Grab a slice from New York's iconic pizzerias, sample world-famous bagels, and try a taste of Harlem Soul food.
• Discover off-the-beaten-path destinations such as the Little Red Lighthouse, the Underground Transit Museum, and the Boardwalk of Coney Island.
• Travel through the city that never sleeps by waterway ferry, subway and the iconic yellow taxi.
• Get to know the diversity of the city through visits to Chinatown, Little Italy, Queens, and Harlem.
Featuring playful illustrations, a diverse and lovable cast of characters, an invaluable resources section, and a fun foldout map, this book is an ingenious way for kids to take the lead while planning a vacation or learning about one of the largest cities in the world.
Whether you’re an armchair traveler or a real-life tourist, Little Kid, Big City! has everything you need to invent your own adventure!
Next stop, Little Kid, Big City!: London
Holley Maher is the celebrated stationery designer behind Wink Wink Paper Co, as well as a songwriter and recording artist. She lives in Nashville, Tennessee with a lazy dog named Booker. You can find her online at holleymaher.com
“Readers will be thrilled to plan real or virtual New York City adventures with this book and its accompanying full-color fold-out map.”—Booklist