Availability to be confirmed
Getting enough quality sleep is essential to physical, mental, and emotional health. Yet people often treat quality sleep as a luxury, not a necessity. If you struggle with sleep, help is at hand. Put an end to sleep problems with the practical advice and techniques in this book. Sleep Well, Live Well contains:
With help from Sleep Well, Live Well, you can finally turn your quest for sound sleep from a dream into reality
- An overview of sleep and why it's so important.
- Easy-to-understand steps that will teach you how to prepare for better sleep at night, and tips on managing stress.
- Relaxation techniques that will help you explore how to prepare your mind and body for sleep before bed and tips on how to avoid tossing and turning.
- The benefits and risks of prescription and over-the-counter sleep medications. Learn when they may be appropriate and how to use them safely.
- Complementary approaches that may help you in your search for better sleep: herbal remedies, acupuncture, mindfulness, meditation, massage, and yoga.
- An overview of common sleep disorders and problems such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and sleepwalking, with a variety of treatments.
- Specifications on sleep patterns and sleep disorders in children and teens such as sleepwalking, nightmares, sleep apnea, bedwetting, and SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Tips and treatments to combat these sleep disorders.