Moon Best of Costa Rica: Make the Most of 5-7 Days (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
**Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability above the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243**
- Flexible, strategic itineraries: Choose the best home base for you with regional five-day itinerary options or combine shorter side trips for a week of exploring
- The top adventures: Discover the best wildlife and marine life experiences, waterfalls, beaches, rainforests and cloud forests, ziplines, surf spots, and more
- Authentic can’t-miss experiences: Swim under a waterfall, raft over rapids, and explore mysterious caves. Admire the forest floor from the middle of a hanging bridge, take an aerial tram with incredible views, or snorkel with sea turtles in warm turquoise water. Relax on a pristine beach, soak in a volcanic mineral pool, and watch the sunrise with a cup of flavorful local coffee
- Insight from Cartago local Nikki Solano on how to experience Costa Rica like an insider, support local and sustainable businesses, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Helpful charts with travel times from San Jose or Liberia international airports
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on Costa Rica's wildlife, landscape, history, and cultural customs, plus travel essentials like a packing list and health and safety information
Planning to stay more than a week? Check out Moon Costa Rica.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer." —No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times