Moon Drive & Hike Appalachian Trail: The Best Trail Towns, Day Hikes, and Road Trips In Between (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
**Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability above the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243**
- Make your escape on shorter trips from major cities or drive the entire three-week route from Georgia to Maine
- Find your hike along the Appalachian Trail with detailed trail descriptions, mileage, difficulty ratings, and tips for picking the right section of the trail for you
- Discover adventures off the trail: Immerse yourself in the spirit of colorful trail towns, peep the changing leaves in the Berkshires, and cruise the sun-dappled Skyline Drive. Kick back after a day hike at a microbrewery in Asheville, dig in to southern barbecue (hey, you've earned it), or unwind in the coffee shops and art galleries of a hip New England hamlet
- Take it from avid hiker Timothy Malcolm, who shares his insight on the best views, waterfalls, mountains, and (of course!) breweries
- Full-color photos, strategic itineraries, easy-to-use maps and site-to-site driving times
- Get the lowdown on when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, and braving different road and weather conditions, plus tips for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip. Doing more than driving through? Check out Great Smoky Mountains National Park or Moon Carolinas & Georgia.
These days, Timothy lives in Houston, working as the dining editor for Houstonia magazine. When he's not eating his way through Space City, he's enjoying a cold beer, watching baseball, and looking for every opportunity to get out and stretch his legs. You might have also read his work in Backpacker, October, Paste, The Hardball Times, Chronogram, Hudson Valley Magazine, and Orange Magazine.