Room to Dream (Front Desk #3) (Paperback)
**Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability above the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243**
Mia Tang is going for her dreams!
After years of hard work, Mia Tang finally gets to go on vacation with her family -- to China! A total dream come true! Mia can't wait to see all her cousins and grandparents again, especially her cousin Shen. As she roams around Beijing, witnessing some of the big changes China's going through, Mia thinks about the changes in her own life, like . . .
1. Lupe's taking classes at the high school! And Mia's own plans to be a big writer are . . . stuck.
2. Something happened with Jason and Mia has no idea what to do about it.
3. New buildings are popping up all around the motel, and small businesses are disappearing.
Can the Calivista survive? Buckle up! Mia is more determined than ever to get through the turbulence, now that she finally has . . . room to dream!
Praise for Room to Dream:
* "Yang sensitively presents issues like racism, consent, and gentrification in an accessible and engaging manner." -- Booklist, starred review
* "Fans of this series that keeps going strong will devour this latest entry." -- Kirkus, starred review
Awards and Praise for Front Desk:
Parents' Choice Gold Medal Fiction Award Winner
NPR Best Books of the Year
Kirkus Reviews Best Books of the Year
Publishers Weekly Best Books of the Year
Washington Post Best Books of the Year
Amazon Best Books of the Year
School Library Journal Best Books of the Year
Bookpage Best Books of the Year
New York Public Library Best Books of the Year
Chicago Public Library Best Books of the Year
Top Ten Debut Novels 2018 - ALA Booklist
* "Much-needed." -- Booklist, starred review
* "Empowered." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Swiftly-moving." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "Powerful." -- The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review