Kingdom of the Blind: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio)
Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability beneath the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Chief Inspector Gamache Novel series.
- #1: Still Life: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: A Fatal Grace: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): Availability of this title may vary. Please email or call for price.
- #3: The Cruelest Month: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $50.99
- #4: A Rule Against Murder: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $45.99
- #5: The Brutal Telling: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Bury Your Dead: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: A Trick of the Light: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #8: The Beautiful Mystery: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (Hardcover): Availability of this title may vary. Please email or call for price.
- #9: How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #10: The Long Way Home: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #11: The Nature of the Beast: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #12: A Great Reckoning: A Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #12) (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #13: Glass Houses: A Novel (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #13) (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #15: A Better Man: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel (CD-Audio): $39.99
- #16: All the Devils Are Here (Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #16) (Hardcover): $28.99
December 2018 Indie Next List
“Inspector Gamache has puzzled his way through 13 of Louise Penny’s mysteries, and his 14th is an exceptional read. Penny brings us a mystery that will delight old-school mystery lovers (a storm, the reading of a will) as well as those who enjoy a fast-paced thriller (Gamache’s plans involving the opioids he lost). The pacing is swift and the cast of characters from Three Pines is as charming and wonderful as always. The Kingdom of the Blind is easily one of the best of the series. Thank you, Louise Penny, for reminding us that kindness does exist in this mostly cruel world and that when utilized correctly, it can be inspiring and life-changing.”
— William Carl, Wellesley Books, Wellesley, MA
"[Narrator Robert Bathurst] engages us completely...If you haven't listened to this series, start at once. You'll love your stay in Three Pines." — AudioFile Magazine on A Great Reckoning
Kingdom of the Blind, the new Chief Inspector Gamache audiobook from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.
When a peculiar letter arrives inviting Armand Gamache to an abandoned farmhouse, the former head of the Sûreté du Québec discovers that a complete stranger has named him one of the executors of her will. Still on suspension, and frankly curious, Gamache accepts and soon learns that the other two executors are Myrna Landers, the bookseller from Three Pines, and a young builder.
None of them had ever met the elderly woman.
The will is so odd and includes bequests that are so wildly unlikely that Gamache and the others suspect the woman must have been delusional. But what if, Gamache begins to ask himself, she was perfectly sane?
When a body is found, the terms of the bizarre will suddenly seem less peculiar and far more menacing.
But it isn’t the only menace Gamache is facing.
The investigation into what happened six months ago—the events that led to his suspension—has dragged on, into the dead of winter. And while most of the opioids he allowed to slip through his hands, in order to bring down the cartels, have been retrieved, there is one devastating exception.
Enough narcotic to kill thousands has disappeared into inner city Montreal. With the deadly drug about to hit the streets, Gamache races for answers.
As he uses increasingly audacious, even desperate, measures to retrieve the drug, Armand Gamache begins to see his own blind spots. And the terrible things hiding there.
About the Author
LOUISE PENNY is the author of the #1 New York Times and Globe and Mail bestselling series of Chief Inspector Armand Gamache novels. She has won numerous awards, including a CWA Dagger and the Agatha Award (seven times), and was a finalist for the Edgar Award for Best Novel. In 2017, she received the Order of Canada for her contributions to Canadian culture. Louise lives in a small village south of Montréal.