Space Dumplins (Paperback)
Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability beneath the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243.
Visionary graphic novel creator Craig Thompson brings all of his wit, warmth, and humor to create a brilliantly drawn story for all ages. Set in a distant yet familiar future, Space Dumplins weaves themes of family, friendship, and loyalty into a grand space adventure filled with quirky aliens, awesome spaceships, and sharp commentary on our environmentally challenged world.
About the Author
"Craig Thompson has created a new genre: the Adorable Epic."--Joss Whedon, director and writer, The Avengers; creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Praise for Space Dumplins:
* "With thrilling adventure, a stalwart, good-hearted hero, some well-timed laughs, and a meaningful message at its heart, this is will surely be a star."--Booklist, starred review
* "It's a wild and funny escapade, undergirded by a tender portrait of a family just trying to get by."--Publishers Weekly, starred review
Praise for Habibi:
* "It is unfair to expect two masterpieces in a row from anyone, but here Thompson sits securely in that rarefied air."--Booklist, starred review
* "A lushly epic love story that's both inspiring and heartbreaking… A dense, swirling dervish of a tale…this will be the most talked about graphic novel of the fall."--Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "The exquisite beauty and deep magic of this Arabian Nights-style love story cannot be overstated...Habibi is certain to join the ranks of graphic novels that expand our understanding of not only the genre but also the world it describes.”--School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for Blankets:
* "His visual mastery shows in fluid line work, assured compositions, and powerful use of solid black areas and negative space."--Booklist, starred review
"His exceptional b&w drawings balance representational precision with a bold and wonderfully expressive line for pages of ingenious, inventively composed and poignant imagery."--Publishers Weekly
"This second, much longer work shares the acuity for character development and dynamic sensitivity that makes the author so compulsively readable."--School Library Journal