Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace (Paperback)
Book listings on our website do not always reflect the current availability of books on our store shelves. Check a book's in-store availability beneath the "add to cart" button. Or to be certain that a book you've found on our website is also here on our shelves, feel free to call us at 615-953-2243.
For courses in English and Writing. Emphasizes the importance of style in writing for a global audience Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace asserts that style is a matter of making informed choices in the service of one's readers. While writers know best what they want to say, readers ultimately decide if they've said it well. This flagship text builds on that premise, with updates on subjects such as gender-neutral writing and writing for global audiences. It brings the authors' innovative approach to the needs of today's students, while maintaining that writing with style is a civic and ethical virtue. Also available with Pearson Writer Pearson Writer is a revolutionary digital tool for writers at all levels. Built for mobile devices, it streamlines the tedious and time-consuming aspects of writing, so that students can focus on developing their ideas. Pearson Writer makes it easy to stay organized, track tasks, and stay on top of writing projects. Students can set milestones prior to the due date, manage their sources, organize their notes visually in the Notebook, and even get automatic feedback on their prose. Pearson Writer is now available with Noteclipper, which allows students to save online sources quickly and easily. Features of Pearson Writer:
- Writing, Grammar, and Research Guide is a go-to resource any time students have a question or need help.
- Automatic Writing Review checks prose for possible spelling, grammar, and style errors, while offering grammar lessons and suggestions for revising and editing.
- Citation Generator keeps track of every source throughout students' research process and builds a bibliography in the background, taking care of those formatting details.
- Research Database and NoteClipper make searching for and managing source materials easier.
- Project Manager and Notebook help students stay on top of multiple projects and make organizing ideas and sources less cumbersome.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and Pearson Writer, search for:
013415083X / 9780134150833 Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace Plus Pearson Writer -- Access Card Package Package consists of:
- 032197235X / 9780321972354 Pearson Writer -- Standalone Access Card
- 0134080416 / 9780134080413 Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace